◆ County adopts fire closure resolution.
The Lincoln County Commissioners adopted a fire closure resolution during a Tuesday, August 25 meeting. The fire ban will go into effect on Friday, August 27 at 12:01 a.m.
Under the fire ban the discharge of fireworks within Lincoln County is prohibited. Open fires are also banned.
Exceptions to the open fire ban include the following:
• trash or refuse burned between 6 p.m. and 8 a.m. inside containers equipped with spark arresters that are located within a cleared area that has at least a 10 foot radius and complies with all other laws and requirements;
• camp fires contained within an established fire ring at an established campground provided the fire complies with Bureau of Land Management, Forest Service and National Park Service regulations in effect at the time;
• charcoal and propane fires within enclosed grills;
• use of acetylene cutting torches or electric arc welders provided the torches or welders are used within a cleared area with a lest a 10 foot radius;
• propane or open fire branding activities provided the branding activities are conducted within a cleared area with at least a 10 foot radius;
• use of chain saws provided the chain saws have spark arresters properly installed and functioning;
• federal, state or local fire or law enforcement officers participating in fire, emergency and law enforcement activities;
• county landfills operating withing their permitted uses.
Exceptions to the fireworks ban include the following:
• public sponsored firework displays which are coordinated with the County Fire Warden or his designee.