SVI covers several different high schools in Wyoming and Idaho on a weekly basis including Kemmerer, Cokeville, Star Valley, Pinedale and Bear Lake. Here’s how you can follow each of them this weekend and where each of them are headed.
Kemmerer High School
• Football – The Rangers (3-3) make the short trip to Mountain View to take on the #3 Buffaloes in a 2A West conference match up. With playoff spots still up for grabs, the final two weeks will be vital for Kemmerer who is trying to make the post-season for the first time since 2012. Follow KHS on The Spur via traditional radio in Southwest Wyoming on 105.3 FM & 940 AM or listen anywhere in the world at SVInews.com/radio. You can also take the Rangers with you utilizing the SVI Media App which is free for download for Apple or Android devices.
• Volleyball – The Lady Rangers swept Big Piney on Tuesday, October 9, to start the week (25-16, 31-29 & 25-16). The squad will look to win another on Friday night as they travel to face Wind River with a 7 p.m. varsity start time. It’s a full week as the KHS volleyball team will square off against Shoshoni on their way home on Saturday at 2 p.m.
• Girls Swimming – The Lady Rangers will get on the Interstate for a two-day event in Laramie this Friday and Saturday before competing at the 2A West Regionals in Lander on October 19-20.
Star Valley High School
• Football – The last three weeks will try and make sense of a hotly contested 3A West. With Star Valley’s 32-14 win in Jackson last week, the #2 Braves now host the #3 Cody Broncs who ended the SVHS season a year ago in the semifinals. Join the Aspen Physical Therapy Kick-off Show at 4:30 p.m. on Senior Night in Afton. Watch the game in high-definition. Listen to the game via traditional radio on Swift 98.7 FM, or online at SVInews.com or by using the SVI Media App.
• Volleyball – The Lady Braves were extended to five games for the first time this season as they outlasted the Evanston Red Devils on the road in Uinta County (25-16, 25-17, 22-25, 20-25 & 15-6). Thursday night the team hosts the Jackson Lady Broncs in a 4A Southwest match up which will also serve as a fundraiser for the Crystal Simpson family as they support her in her second battle with cancer. The team is holding a silent auction and bake sale with proceeds to benefit the family.
• Cross-Country – The SVXC team will be in Lander on Friday afternoon for the 3A West Regionals where they are expected to clash with Jackson for the top spots in the conference. The women’s race begins at 1 p.m. at the Lander Golf Course with the men’s race to follow.
Cokeville High School
• Football – The Panthers will officially pick up a 2-0 win over Saratoga via a forfeit. They will try and keep sharp as they take on the Evanston JV at 1 p.m. on Saturday in an exhibition game.
• Volleyball – The #1 Lady Panthers play host to Little Snake River on Friday evening at 6 p.m. which will serve as a precursor for the battle of the weekend with #2 Saratoga coming to town on Saturday at noon. Watch the match on SVI-3 by clicking here.
Pinedale High School
• Football – It’s a must-win for the Wranglers as they make the first of two long-distance trips to wrap their regular season. This week’s clash with the Lovell Bulldogs may very well determine their post-season fate. A loss coupled with a Kemmerer win over Mountain View will eliminate PHS. Follow the game in high-definition on SVI-2 here.
• Volleyball – The #5 Lady Wranglers have a big match on Friday night as they host #3 Mountain View at 6 p.m. It’s a big statement opportunity weekend for PHS as the Lady Wranglers host #1 and undefeated Lyman on Saturday at 7 p.m.
Bear Lake High School
• Football – The Bears will have their hands full as they try and stop a six-game losing streak against the undefeated West Side Pirates. Kick-off in Montpelier is at 7 p.m. on Friday night. Listen in via traditional radio in the area on 101.7 FM and 1450 AM. You can also listen online anywhere in the world at SVInews.com or by using the SVI Media App.
• Volleyball – The Lady Bears will be on the road to face West Side on Thursday evening for a 7 p.m. clash.