SVI-NEWS

Your Source For Local and Regional News

Slider

Slider

Featured Local News News

Teen Vocalist Contestants announced

Eight teens will sing for the $1,000 prize.

Eight teenage singers have been selected to compete in next weekend’s Teen Vocalist event, hosted by SVI Media. The contestants were selected through an audition process. A selection committee was tasked with the difficult process of taking all auditions and picking only eight contestants to compete in the competition.

Selected contestants include: Allie Jack (Afton), Anna Haderlie (Bedford), Brock Haderlie (Smoot), Carlee White (Afton), Peyton Hokanson (Afton), Olivia Burnham (Thayne), Torrie White (Thayne) and Dylan Kallgren (Afton).

Teen Vocalist will take place Friday, April 12 in the Star Valley High School Auditorium. Doors open at 6:00 p.m. with the competition starting at 7:00. There is a $5 entry fee for everyone 12 years of age and older to help cover the costs of insurance and facility rental fees.

Carlee White performs in the 2023 Teen Vocalist. White was again selected to be one of the contestants for this year’s competition. SVI Photo by Dahl Erickson.

During the competition, all eight contestants will perform in the opening round. Four of the contestants will be selected to advance to a second round where they will perform a final time. Afterwards, one of the final four contestants will be announced as the winner and will receive a $1,000 prize. Three on-stage judges will combine for 75% of the total vote when picking the four finalists and the eventual winner. The in-person audience will also be able to vote via text message for their favorite, with the total audience vote making up the remaining 25 percent of the selection. Voting instructions will be given during the event.

Teen Vocalist will once again be broadcast live on SVI Media. The event is free to watch at SVInews.com, TheVocalistUSA.com, The Vocalist Facebook page and the SVI Media YouTube Channel. It is free to watch online, however online viewers will not be able to vote for their favorite contestants.  Only those attending the event in person will be able to vote.

As part of Teen Vocalist, SVI Media will announce details for the upcoming Vocalist competition to be held August 7 during the Lincoln County Fair. The Vocalist in August boasts a $10,000 grand prize and has become the largest singing competition in the Rocky Mountains.

Congratulations to all eight contestants!

 

Let us know what you think!
+1
2
+1
0
+1
0
+1
0
+1
0
+1
0
Share

LEAVE A RESPONSE