The Town of Alpine’s annual Winter Jubilee takes place this weekend, January 26 and 27, with activities, food and fun for the entire family scheduled at various locations throughout the town.
“Alpine’s Winter Jubilee debuted in 2013,” said Melody Leseberg, Town of Alpine Deputy Treasurer, in an interview with SVI. “This event was created in large part to facilitate our community members coming together to enjoy some fun winter activities. We also use this as an opportunity to provide scholarships to our local youth. We rely heavily on our sponsors to help fund this event and all proceeds from Casino Night go towards scholarships.”
New additions to the festivities this year are the Movie Night and the Youth Snow Cross races. The movie is presented by Alpine Christian Fellowship and popcorn will be provided at the movie by the Top of the Rockies Snowmobile Club. Everyone is encouraged to bring a comfortable chair and blanket for viewing a “family-friendly movie.” There are padded chairs on site, but bringing personal comfort for seating is encouraged.
The Wind River Youth Snow Cross, hosted and sponsored by the Pinedale Snow Explorers/Altitude Off Road, is a new program for the club and for the Jubilee. “We hope to see this be a huge success,” said Leseberg.
The traditional Snow Box event is in the process of a revamp “in hopes of increasing business participation,” said Leseberg. “We are also hoping to integrate the [Star Valley art community with that].” Administrators plan to have the newly designed Snow Box event ready for Winter Jubilee 2025.
“If you haven’t been out to Casino Night yet, this is your year,” said Leseberg. “Food and drinks are available for purchase, and at the end of gaming, your casino chips are cashed in for Raffle prize tickets. The better you are at gaming, the more chances you have to go home with a raffle prize. We have amazing raffle prizes donated by local businesses. We also have 3 grand prizes and do at least a couple silent auction items during the evening. We encourage you to come out and see what Alpine’s Winter Jubilee has to offer.”
Jubilee activities are scheduled as follows:
• Friday, 5 p.m. Free Hot Dog Roast at the Alpine Civic Center Gazebo
• Friday, 6:30 p.m. Light Parade beginning from the Greys River Cove Resort
• Friday, 7:15 p.m. Full Moon Ski, hosted by ATAP
• Friday, 7:15 p.m. Movie Night in the Alpine Civic Center hosted by Alpine Christian Fellowship
• Saturday, 12-3 p.m. Children’s Activities hosted by Alpine Recreation, Ice Skating Party, Snowman Building, Sled Hill Party
• Saturday, Wind River Youth Snow Cross Races, times and locations TBD
• Saturday, 5:30-10 p.m. Casino Night at the Civic Center. Food available for purchase from Driftwood Pizzeria during Casino Night.
To learn more, or participate as a sponsor or volunteer, contact Leseberg directly in the town offices at 307-654-7757 or email email@example.com.