• Committee dedicated to a new school.
The Alpine Town Council made a motion at their final meeting in December to devote $10,000 towards a program designed to bring a school to the community.
The initial funds will be matched with another $10,000 in private donations. The funds directed to Dority Strategies, an organization that will work on the Alpine school project.
The plan calls for a total $30,000 for the project.
The funds will be coordinated through the Alpine Education Committee, an organization focused on brining a school to the community.
In additional news related to Alpine:
• Ryan Erickson reported the pathway project has been completed. Cost of the project bringing a new pathway into the Greys River was $600,000, with 80 percent coming from a grant program. On behalf of Sunrise Engineering, Erickson thanked the community for working together on the project.
• Mayor Eric Green and the town council honored Planning and Zoning Commission Chairman Rex Doornbos for his work as his term ended Dec. 31, 2023.
• The Alpine Town Council approved annexation of the Rehman Hafeez property on second reading. The property, located along U.S. 26 in Alpine, is under Lincoln County jurisdiction.
• Re-plats were approved by the council for Ferry Peak and Severson Townhomes.
• A town council work session is slated for 7 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 2 at Town Hall.