Lincoln County School District #2 is working on phasing in new transportation practices and routes. To help district patrons understand the plans and invite them to be part of the decision-making process, the district is having 3 work meetings.
“We want to make sure everyone is aware of the meetings that will be held next week regarding bus routes,” said Matt Erickson, LCSD2 Superintendent. “If you or your friends, family or neighbors have questions or concerns about what may be proposed, we would invite you all to attend one of the meetings.”
Work meetings in Star Valley will be held Monday, May 20 at 4:30 p.m. in the District Office Building located at 360 Jefferson Street in Afton; and then later at 6 p.m. in the Etna Elementary School building.
A meeting will also be held in Cokeville at 6 pm on May 23 at Cokeville High School
Messages via email, text and Infinite Campus have been sent to all students’ households informing parents and guardians of the meetings. Patrons are welcome at any of the meetings.
During the meetings, the Transportation Department and District Administrators hope to accomplish the following objectives:
1) Take a brief look at the past transportation guidelines.
2) Inform the public of the proposed Chapter 20 Transportation Guidelines from the 2019 legislative session.
3) Review LCSD #2 Phase 1 bus stop adjustments and explore phase 2 proposal for the 2019-2020 school year.
4) Discuss the long-range strategic plan for transportation.
5) Solicit parents, guardians and stakeholders’ suggestions and feedback.
The District is looking forward to opening this dialogue with patrons and encouraging people to become involved in the process of creating a plan that works for everyone.
“With students riding buses to and from schools all the way from Sage Junction to Alpine, we have a lot of logistics to work through,” said Erickson.