Cheyenne – The Wyoming Legislature will hold three days of standing committee meetings next week leading up to the reconvening of the 2021 General Session on March 1. The purpose of the meetings is to consider and take public testimony on bills introduced and referred to committees during the eight-day virtual session. The meetings will be livestreamed and archived on the Legislature’s YouTube channel.
The public wishing to testify can register to enter the Zoom meeting for each committee by clicking the “testify” button provided on the Legislature’s calendar page at www.wyoleg.gov. Entities that wish to provide written materials to the committees should email documents to each member of the committee and to LegDocs@wyoleg.gov.
The standing committee schedule for Feb. 23-25 is the following:
- Tuesday, February 23 at 8:30 a.m.
- Senate Travel, Recreation, Wildlife & Cultural Resources
- Senate Corporations, Elections & Political Subdivisions
- House Revenue
- Tuesday, February 23 at 1:30 p.m.
- Senate Revenue
- Senate Appropriations
- House Travel Recreation, Wildlife & Cultural Resources
- House Transportation, Highways & Military Affairs
- Wednesday, February 24 at 8:30 a.m.
- Senate Education
- House Minerals, Business & Economic Development (8 a.m.)
- House Labor, Health & Social Services
- Wednesday, February 24 at 1:30 p.m.
- Senate Labor, Health & Social Services
- Senate Judiciary
- House Corporations, Elections & Political Subdivisions
- Thursday, February 25 at 8:30 a.m.
- Senate Minerals, Business & Economic Development
- House Education (8 a.m.)
- House Appropriations (9 a.m.)
- Thursday, January 21 at 1:30 p.m.
- Senate Transportation, Highways & Military Affairs
- Senate Agriculture, State and Public Lands & Water Resources
- House Education
- House Judiciary
The Wyoming Legislature will reconvene the 2021 General Session on March 1 at 10 a.m. The remainder of the General Session will be held in a “hybrid” format. The Joint Session of the Legislature, including Gov. Mark Gordon’s State of the State address and Supreme Court Chief Justice Michael K. Davis’ State of the Judiciary address will take place virtually on March 2 at 10 a.m. The State of the State and the State of the Judiciary addresses will be streamed live on Wyoming PBS’s YouTube channel.
The public participating in-person during the Session will be required to comply with the public health orders in place at the time, including the use of face coverings when inside the Capitol Complex. The public may also view the proceedings and participate in standing committee meetings remotely by using the “testify” and YouTube links available on the Legislature’s Website.
The public can voice their support or opposition to proposed legislation using the Online Hotline. Members of the public can also sign up to the receive daily meeting and floor calendars through the Legislature’s email subscription service. To sign up, click on the “GovDelivery” link located at the top of the homepage at www.wyoleg.gov.
For a complete list of all the 2021 General Session bills, updated protocols for attending session and information about the legislative process, please visit the Legislature’s Website at www.wyoleg.gov.