Weather-permitting, East Entrance Road in Yellowstone National Park opens Friday, May 6
- Weather-permitting, the road from East Entrance to Lake Village (Sylvan Pass), and Canyon Village to Lake Village, will open Friday, May 6 at 8 a.m. to public motor vehicle traffic.
- Conditions in Yellowstone can change quickly, especially during spring and fall, and roads can temporarily close due to poor driving conditions.
- Check current road status on the park website and by calling (307) 344-2117. To receive Yellowstone road alerts on your mobile phone, text “82190” to 888-777 (an automatic text reply will confirm receipt and provide instructions).
- Expect up to 20-minute delays east of the park’s East Entrance due to road construction. For updates on this project, visit the WYDOT Travel Information Map.
- Conditions permitting, the following roads will open May 13 at 8 a.m.:
- South Entrance to West Thumb
- Lake Village to West Thumb
- West Thumb to Old Faithful (Craig Pass)
- Tower Junction to Tower Fall
Let us know what you think!