The Alpine Fire Depart extinguished a brush fire Friday, August 6 in the Trail Ridge Subdivision.
Alpine Fire Chief Mike Voyt told SVI News that the department was dispatched at around 10:00 p.m. after an explosion was heard and trees and brush were reportedly on fire.
“Not knowing all the details Alpine asked Thayne to respond also,” Voyt said. “Upon arrival a fire was found off Falcon Drive.”
Voyt said the fire area was approximately 30 X 20 feet with flames 15 feet high. The homeowner was on scene with several people watching the fire. Chief Voyt stated he assumed the explosion was from gasoline.
Alpine Fire was able to extinguish the flames and the Thayne Volunteer Fire Department was informed they could discontinue their response. The homeowner was warned Lincoln County is still in a burn ban.
“Alpine Fire continues to report of the severe conditions,” stated Chief Voyt. “Not only can you be fined but will be responsible for the costs if fire spreads. Whether manpower costs or property damage. The ban can not be changed daily so even if it rains conditions will return to dangerous. Please don’t’ let Alpine be another Paradise or Greenville. Both destroyed towns.”
Stage One Fire restrictions went into effect in Lincoln County on July 7 and will remain in effect until further notice.